OUR AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES
Every ride in your car should be cool and comfortable. That’s why we offer a variety of air conditioning services and repairs. We specialize in the following key services:
1. A/C DIAGNOSTICS AND REPAIR
Our standard A/C Performance Check Service includes the following:
- visually inspect a/c components
- run performance test including:
- system state of charge test
- system control test
- perform leak test using approved electronic leak detector
If a slow leak cannot be detected, a dye detection service may need to be performed.
2. A/C RETROFIT
Our A/C Retrofit service may be needed for vehicles made before 1993, which use costly refrigerant for air conditioning.
The service includes the following:
- visually inspect existing a/c system
- convert system to use modern refrigerant
- if conversion cannot be performed, installation of new compressor may be necessary
HEATING AND COOLING
Keeping your vehicle cool under the hood may only mean a quick part replacement, or it could involve more complex repairs. Our technicians can perform a detailed inspection of your vehicle’s cooling systems to determine what work is needed.
The key components we replace or repair are:
- radiator cap
- radiator hoses
- radiator fan/fan clutch
- water pump
- fan belts
- serpentine belt
- cooling sensor
- heater core
- heater hoses
Most vehicle manufacturers recommend replacement of the anti-freeze at scheduled intervals. Unlike many service shops that just perform a “drain-and-fill”, Firestone Complete Auto Care provides a complete radiator flushing service that includes the following:
- inspect system and pressure test for leaks
- add flush chemicals to the radiator
- power flush system through flush machine
- refill system with proper amount of recycled anti-freeze
- add sealant/lubricant to the system
- 6-month/6,000-mile limited warranty*
*See your auto advisor for complete terms and conditions of written, limited warranties.
Ask an auto advisor for the right solution for your vehicle.